Friday, February 25, 2011

February IOD & art journal

February art journal 2 page spread

Feb IOD ATC & bookmark

Feb IOD card
I'm enjoying writing(daily) and making art (occasionally) in my journal.  At the rate I'm writing it will be full a lot sooner than I expected so I'm all ready on the lookout for my next book!  The papers I used in the background I have been saving for a few years--loved the eggs, handwriting, and labels on them! I cut the words from a magazine page and added a little rickrack(paper) and Tim Holtz tissue tape to the right edge.

For our Ink or Dye ATC exchange this month Margy gave us each a piece of light green handmade paper with yellow-orange petals and grassy looking pieces imbedded in the paper.  I made the ATC and a bonus bookmark for the exchange.  Love using handmade papers and I'm glad to have this reminder to use them more often.  Margy also gave us the winter chicadee stamp to stamp and use on our card for exchange.  I colored my image with colored pencils and a little gamsol and added picket fence distress stickles to the snowy branches for a little extra excitement.  I was amazed at how different everyone's card turned out when we all used the same stamp!