Sunday, February 20, 2011

New stamping tools and new class

stamp keeper with UM stamps
stamp keeper


Tim Holtz Alterations On the Edge mini scallop & pinking die


Had a fun day shopping today at Craft 2000 in Springfield OH and Simply Scrapbooks in Dayton!  I am excited about a couple of new tools I bought today! First of all I bought some more of the Stamp Keepers (clam shell UM storage)--love these!  I first saw them at Margy's and thought they seemed like a great way to store all the UM stamps I own and they are working great.  I have quite a few of both sizes--12x12" and 8.5x11".

Next I bought a We Are Memory Keeper's Corner Chomper.  I've been looking for something that would cut through heavy weight papers, plastic, chipboard, etc and this should do the trick! They have several different designs for cutting corners but I stuck with the regular rounder.

And I bought a Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix On the Edge die that will cut mini scallops and pinking edges!  It's one of his new releases!  Found it at Simply Scrapbooks!  Yippee!  Also found at SS was natural colored Sticky Back canvas (from Claudine Hellmuth's studio/Ranger Ink).  Been looking for it for months!

I just signed up for a new class today also!  It's an online class called 4 Artists 4 Ways.  There's a button and link on the upper right of my blog to check it out!  It's mostly techniques for art journals, glue books, altered books,  and fabric books--I'm having so much fun in my art journal that this looked really interesting to me!  I don't know anything about the teachers and couldn't even tell you how exactly I came across the class info!