Tuesday, March 22, 2011

IOD March cards

T-shirt card challenge/exchange

ATC slide mount challenge/exchange
These are the 2 cards I made for the challenges/exchanges this month.  I didn't think I would be able to come up with a card for the T-shirt stamp but I surprised myself!  You can't tell from this picture but the T-shirt has a pearlized shimmer from Perfect Pearl spray mist.  The background papers for both cards are a new technique I've been playing with using spray inks and will teach as my project for next month's club meeting.  More on that next month! I used a cat(Cat's Pajamas RS) on the T-shirt in honor of Kendall who brought the T-shirt stamp for the challenge.  The butterfly stamp (word and image) is a Red Lead stamp I bought at Stampaway last year.  I've been so amazed at all the ways that each person has made something so great and different using the same stamp and embellishment for our challenges this year! 

I really enjoyed playing with inks and water to color flowers and lace for the project that Connie taught tonight.  Can't wait to figure out a way to use my flowers and lace on a card or 2!  Connie and friends took the Painted Petals workshop at Archivers recently where she learned the techniques she taught tonight.  Great job tonight Connie!