Saturday, February 5, 2011

Making Valentine's today

Memory Box stamp and paper

close up--I used clear EP/clear ink on the image!
I fell in love with this stamp and paper when I saw a sample at SYAO recently!  The stamp (Reverse Bird Branches by Memory Box) is stamped on top of patterned paper (Memory Box Pixie Secret Garden) and embossed in clear EP.  I colored in the image of the bird and branches/leaves with markers (the clear EP resists the colors).  I only have enough paper for 3 cards like this so will be making some other Valentines similar to the card and ATC I made for IOD a few weeks ago.  Here are some instructions for the Memory Box reverse stamp from Dave Brethauer's blog:  http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/stampcolorcreate/2011/02/reverse-printing-bird-branches.html

Have you all seen Pinterest yet?  I could spend all day looking at the images--so many different subjects to explore!  I looked at some art journaling a bit ago --so inspiring!