Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tissue Tape





I'm sure you have all seen the tissue tape out on the market--Tim Holtz has some in his latest Idealogy release with Advantus(top image). I bought a roll at Stampaway to try. I was reading a post on Pat Pleacher's blog recently that mentioned making your own tissue tape and thought I would try it! Here's a link to her blog post: http://artkerfuffle.blogspot.com/2010/08/faux-tape.html

Here's my spin on it: I stamped a couple of images on to some old dress pattern tissue in the blank spots. Heat set the ink (I used black Versafine by Tsukineko) to dry it, stick my piece of double sided tape on the back side, trim around the tape and voila! Tissue tape that you can stick anywhere you want. How cool is that! Be sure to look at Pat's blog too --she shows how to use patterned tissue paper!

PS--I used some stamped tissue tape on the back bottom of the tag I made for Alec in the previous post. Hope to use more stamped tissue tape soon!