Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birthday card and Fiskars paper trimmer




It's my baby brother's birthday today and I wanted to show off the card I made him. He wanted some plants for the yard for his present this year so I decided his card should have some plants on it too. It's hard to tell from the picture but I heat embossed (white) the images for the inchie squares and then inked them with chipped sapphire and shabby shutters distress inks. The inchie stamps used are from 2 different sets of stamps from Inkadinkado--Flourishes and Flower garden.

I also wanted to mention a new paper cutter I bought this week at JoAnn's--it was on sale--40% off! Jennifer McGuire mentioned it recently on her blog and I've been looking for a new one and thought it sounded perfect. It's by Fiskars --Premium Cut-line Trimmer. It is wider than my old portable trimmer-the main part goes to 6 inches and with the side arm up it measures up to 15 inches of paper! Also the other thing I liked is that the measurement numbers are under acrylic so they shouldn't rub off after many uses like my old one.